Hannah BOLTON/MOORE: Convict Lady Juliana 1790.
Tried: Assizes Warwick, 7 August 1787. Sentence: 7 years transportation. Ann arrived on Norfolk Island aboard the Surprize in August 1790.
Hannah Moore aka Ann Bolton, was the wife of John HERBERT, Convict Scarborough 1788. He had arrived on Norfolk Island on HMS Sirius in March 1790. They were one of the many couples married by Reverend Richard Johnson, in November 1791 on Norfolk Island.
Ann died 4 September 1801, Norfolk Island. She is listed as Anne Moor —– …. woman in Rev Fulton burial records. Hannah Bolton (Anne Moor) died on Norfolk Island, a few months after giving birth to her daughter Ann.
Ann/Hannah was the housekeeper at Government house, Joseph Foveaux and his wife to be (Ann Sherwin) adopted this child Ann as their own.
John Herbert and two of his children, James (17) and Elizabeth (14), travelled to VDL aboard Minstrel on 18 February 1813.
Children of Ann/Hannah Moor/Bolton
- Charlotte BOLTON, born June 1792 Norfolk Island.
1805 Charlotte Bolton: Child above 10 years, Orphan on stores.
- Elizabeth BOLTON, born July 1794 Norfolk Island, died1 Oct 1796 Norfolk Island.
- James HERBERT, born 30 May 1795 Norfolk Island.
1812 James Herbert: Age 17 years, born on Norfolk.
He travelled to Tasmania aboard Minstrel on 18 February 1813 with his father and younger sister Elizabeth. He married Ann COX (born 22 Jan 1798 Sydney who grew up on Norfolk Island, daughter of John COX and Ann BROOKS), 21 Jan 1819, St.John’s Church, Launceston. He died 25 Aug 1858 Rocky Hill Farm Longford Tasmania.
- Jemina BOLTON, born 14 Sept 1799 Norfolk Island. She was baptised as Jemina Bolton, Mar 1806 Norfolk Island by Rev. Fulton with parents recorded as John Herbert and Hannah Bolton.She left Norfolk Island for Hobart aboard the Porpoise in Dec 1807.
- Elizabeth HERBERT, born 27 Sept 1799 Norfolk Island, birth date as recorded in Rev Fulton’s baptism notebook, she was baptised July 1805, as Elizabeth Herbert with parents of John Herbert and Hannah Bolton.
1812 Elizabeth Herbert: Age 13 years, born on Norfolk.
Elizabeth travelled to Hobart with her father and brother Tasmania aboard Minstrel on 18 February 1813.
She married John William CHAPMAN, 14 March 1814 St Johns Launceston.
- Ann MOOR/HERBERT, born 19 May 1801 Norfolk Island, she was baptised as Ann Noble FOVEAUX, 13 February 1803 Norfolk Island by Rev. Fulton who noted her parents as John Herbert and Hannah Moor. She left Norfolk Island as Ann BOLTON with Joseph Foveaux aboard the Albion on 7 Sept 1804. She was brought up in England by Joseph Foveaux and his future wife Mrs Ann Sherwin who adopted her. Ann Moor headstone in England states Ann Noble Rose, daughter of Lieutenant General Foveaux, Governor of Sidney (sic), New South Wales.