William CABLE, Private, Marine of the 33rd (Plymouth) Company , arrived in NSW Jan 1788. He served with Captain-Lieutenant Tench’s Company as part of the Port Jackson Garrison.
William arrived on Norfolk Island aboard HMS Sirius in March 1790, disembarking at Cascade on 13 March.
William formed a relationship on Norfolk Island with Margaret STEWART, Convict, Lady Juliana 1790, Tried: March 1788, Maidstone, Kent. Sentence: 7 years transportation. She arrived on Norfolk Island aboard the Surprise in Aug 1790.
They were one of the many couples married by Reverend Richard Johnson, 5 Nov 1791 on Norfolk Island. William was discharged from the marines in Dec 1791 in Sydney, travelling back to Norfolk Island aboard the Queen in Jan 1792 as a settler.
William Cable received a land grant of 60 acres being Lot 70 at Creswell Bay on Norfolk Island and in May 1794 William was employing James Price as a general labourer who was recorded as off stores. William sold this land to fellow HMS Sirius marine, Thomas Williams in February 1796, 15 acres of this land on Norfolk Island was sold by Thomas Williams to William Emmerson on 8 April 1797.
In June 1794 Margaret Stewart was recorded as free, married, off stores with no children supported by William Cable, settler.
William returned to Sydney aboard the Daedalus in Nov 1794, with Margaret staying behind on Norfolk Island. William Cable was granted 100 acres in the Eastern Farms District on 20 May 1795; which he sold in November 1799. This is the last known record of William Cable in the colony of NSW.
In June 1797, Margaret returned to Sydney aboard the Reliance. Margaret is most likely the Margaret Steward, who died November 1797 Sydney, buried 5 Nov 1797 Old Sydney Burial Ground. There are no known children of William and Margaret.
 Men off the Stores, 25 May 1794, Norfolk Island, AJCP PRO CO/201/10, pp. 197 – 198.
 Men off the Stores, 25 May 1794 Norfolk Island, AJCP PRO CO/201/10, pp. 197 – 198 and SRNSW Colonial Secretary’s Papers 1788-1828, Fiche 3267; 9/2731 pp.58, 66, 67.
 Women off the Stores 16 June 1794 Norfolk Island, AJCP PRO CO/201/10, pp. 199 – 200.