William Broughton, born 1768, came free to NSW as servant to John White, aboard the Charlotte 1788.
On 20 Feb 1789 he was appointed store keeper at Parramatta. William remained at this post until the 12 Dec 1800, when he was appointed Storekeeper acting deputy commissary at Norfolk Island, with a promise that if he chooses to return to this place, in case of Deputy Commissary Clarke’s return to Norfolk Island, he will resume his former situation at Parramatta. Continue reading
John Stone was a private in the NSW Corps he was located in NSW before Mar 1791 when he deserted the corps, being recovered a month later. John married Dinah Miell/Miles (Convict, Pitt 1792) 9 Mar 1795 at St Johns Parramatta with the permission of Captain William Patterson.
Their son Robert Maell (Miles) was born May 1793 Parramatta region, baptised 1793 St Johns Parramatta. In 1795 he held a land grant at North Brush in Field of Mars district (Ryde). Continue reading
James received the sentence of transportation for life, in July 1789 at Winchester, Hampshire, he arrived in NSW aboard the Scarborough in 1790.
As James Townsend he married Ann Haynes (Convict Pitt 1792), 13 May 1792 at St Johns Parramatta. He enlisted into the NSW Corps in July 1798 in Sydney; he arrived on Norfolk Island possible sometime in 1801. In 1804 on Norfolk island he held the rank of Drummer. Continue reading
Henry Wright, Private, Royal Marines 51st (Plymouth) Company, Prince of Wales 1788.
Also aboard was his wife Mrs Ann Wright and their new born daughter Mary Ann. Henry and Ann were married 20 Oct 1786 Portsea, Hampshire, England. Their daughter Mary Ann Wright was baptised 19 Aug 1787 on board the Prince of Wales at Rio de Janerio, the baptism appears in St Phillips registrar as Charlicut Wright. Continue reading
Richard Podmore was a shoemaker by trade, he enlisted into NSW Corps in England with the rank of private in March 1791. He arrived in NSW aboard the Pitt in 1792. Richard arrived on Norfolk Island aboard HM Supply in Oct 1794, leaving aboard the Supply on 6 Nov 1795. Continue reading