Immerse yourself in Norfolk Island heritage holiday for the History Lovers tour in September 2018
Walk in the footsteps of your ancestors …
Treat yourself to an island holiday immersed in history and scenic beauty.
Between November 1807 and September 1808 over 550 souls, including many who had sailed to the Australian colonies on the early fleets were relocated from Norfolk Island to Tasmania to once again establish a new life in a strange land.
8 Days – 7 nights travel and accommodation package include:
- Return airfare to Norfolk Island from either Sydney or Brisbane
- Seven nights motel – resort accommodation
- Airport transfers on Norfolk Island to and from your accommodation and all pre-paid airline taxes
- Discovery Norfolk Island tour including morning tea
- Seven days car hire including insurance
- Tour of old Sydney Town of the first settlement
- Norfolk island 1st Settlement Family History research zones
- Discover your ancestors land on Norfolk Island
- 210th anniversary bon voyage dinner City of Edinburgh September 1808
- Norfolk Island carvery dinner
- Twilight Tour – Norfolk’s premier Ghost tour of world heritage convict settlement of Kingston Town
- Historic cemetery visit showcasing the 1st Settlement headstones.
- Explore the convict ruins of world heritage listed Kingston
- Saving the Souls of the shipwreck HMS Sirius 1790
- Norfolk Island 1st Settlement History and Family History research resources and primary records
- Norfolk Island History Lovers tour bag and much more
Early Bird Registration: Bookings and payments pre 30 May 2018
Each person will receive a Norfolk Island museum pass which includes multiple entries to all four museums at any time during your stay on Norfolk Island, as well as two guided Tag-A-Long tours.
- Experience the heritage of the Pitcairn Island Settlers and the Bounty mutineers
- Discover where your ancestors lived on Norfolk Island
- Marvel at the beauty and heritage of Norfolk Island
- Personal travel and heritage and historian guide
- Norfolk Island history and genealogy research resources and much more
- Contact us for further details on the Norfolk Island History Lovers tour
- Group holidays and tours to Norfolk Island
A valid Drivers License or photo identification or passport is required for travel.
“A plastic bag free holiday: Help protect Norfolk Island Marine Life”
Norfolk has a unique beauty of its own, with its renowned tall majestic pines, sheer cliff faces, coral reefs and beautiful beaches. Almost one third of the island is devoted to National Parks and Reserves.
But Norfolk Island is far more than a picturesque island in the South Pacific, it is paradise with a past. What was once a convicts’ nightmare is now the tranquil home of the descendants from the Mutiny on the Bounty, who have their own unique culture and their own language.
There is much to see and do on Norfolk Island:
- Dining out in the numerous restaurants and cafes
- Scuba diving, swimming, & snorkeling, fishing
- Bush-walking and National Parks
- Glass bottom boat coral reef trips
- Enjoy the Norfolk Island Markets
- Take some time out to relax and enjoy Norfolk’s peaceful existence
- Go on a photography trove of beautiful Norfolk Island
- Visit Captain Cook’s 1774 landing place
- Visit all the Norfolk Island Museums
- Discover your Ancestor’s land
- Contact us for further details
- FAQ: Norfolk Island History Lovers
- Travel Insurance to Norfolk Island
Hosted by Australian History Research and Heritage Tourism.